Yesterday Daniel and I celebrated 6 happy months of marriage.
Can you believe I get to spend the rest of my life with this guy? ;)
I wouldn't have it any other way.
Most of the bloggers I follow give little updates about their children and what they are learning/doing at certain stages in their life, but Daniel & I have no desire to have children for quite some time. So... I thought I'd give you a little update of what we've learned in the first 6 months of marriage. ;)
1. We keep hearing "the first year's the hardest", so far ours has been great but we still have six months to go with school, job and housing decisions to be made.
2. It doesn't matter if the silverware is perfectly in it's drawer. It's put up and that's all that matters.
3. We're a team. Decisions are made together.
4. Husbands don't like soups. (Mine doesn't) No matter how hard I try.
5. Two sinks in your bathroom are necessary at bedtime. This is now a top priority on the house search.
6. Wives don't like when brown rugs are put with white towels on hot in the washer.
7. Husbands eat A LOT!
8. Date nights are necessary.
9. Laugh. It's not ALL romance. ;)
10. Say I love you more than you think you should.
We've learned many more things in the past 6 months but who really wants to read them all but us.
I've told Daniel a few times now that marrying him was the easiest decision I ever made. There were no doubts about if we'll make it then. And that still stands true. I know 6 months seems like nothing especially when I think about 30 years from now and where we might be, but I also know that these moments are just as special. They are the beginning to forever. They are the stepping stones to the future.
I love you Daniel. Happy 6 months!