Saturday, March 13, 2010

D.C. Day 1

So I must first thank Ms. Jenny for waking up at the buttcrack of dawn to take me to the airport on the 10th.

I was up at 4:30 and she was there by 6. My flight left for D.C. at 8. It was quite the early morning.

I was so excited to see Heather & Jason when I got off the plane. It had been entirely too long since I'd got to spend time with them.

We headed to lunch at a really fun brick oven pizza place called Romomo's. It was very delish.

Then we chatted about fun times on our way to the Metro station. Which included a hilarious story about when Heather's mom wrapped all their Christmas gifts one year and didn't put any one's name on them. Which meant that everyone opened each other's gifts. I swear the story is hilarious, I mean I almost peed my pants. Really, it was a close call.

Heather and I decided to spend the first day walking around downtown D.C. I got my first look at all the greatness that resides in our capital. But because the weather wasn't as clear as I wanted it to be we are going back tomorrow or Wednesday for a photo op.

Including but not limited to, the capital, the white house, the Washington Monument. And a little browsing at H&M.

I really loved Union Station. It had alot of beautiful architecture on the inside.






Heather and I grabbed a quick snack at Au Bon Pain. This place had such wonderful pastries. I was definitely a fan.

Overall, I found the Metro station and public transportation in general in D.C. quite nice and clean. I was really impressed. It was nothing like when I visited Chicago. I thought the underground transportation was positively gross.

Anyway, I'm off subject. Heather and I headed back to where Jason had dropped us off and then we went home and cooked a yummy dinner.

It was a great first day in a new place with old friends.

* I didn't take too many pictures the first day I more so just got a feel for things. Knowing I'd be here 8 days, I know I'd have time to see it all. Plus, I just concentrated on catching up with friends.

**** So I'm only posting a few pictures because they're messing up when I try to add them and they aren't edited....don't worry there will be more to come soon :)

No comments: