Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year, New Resolutions

I may be a couple weeks late on posting my resolutions for the new year but I want to put them in writing somewhere.

Church. Daniel and I have still yet to find a church here we like. We tried another one this past Sunday and it was just not a place we could see going back to. This seems to be the theme of our church going experiences lately. We have a few left that are close to home to try out so please say a quick prayer for us that we find our church home this coming year.

10k. We have had a membership at the YMCA here since October and have done a pretty good job at going consistently but I felt like I was up for a little bit of a physical challenge. I didn't want to commit to more than a 10k just yet, we will see how this first one goes. :)

CASA. I start my Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) training on the 18th of this month. If you've never heard of CASA, it's an organization that helps children who have been abused and neglected find the best environment for them to thrive in. As a CASA volunteer, I will be helping represent children and speaking up for them in courtrooms to get their needs met. I heard about this organization a couple years ago and have been wanting to become a volunteer since then. I'm so eager, nervous and anxious to begin. So my resolution is to do my best to help find these children the very best home.

Beach Vacation. Daniel and I have made a resolution to take at least two trips each year. One big trip and at least one weekend trip. We have decided that a beach vacation should always be in there somewhere.  That seems like the easiest resolution ever. :)

Here's to hoping that a year from now I will be able to cross all these things off of my "to-do list".

No comments: