Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Grown Up. Who Me?


The other night I sprung up from bed and gasped for air to breathe.

Nightmare.

But more of a grown up kind of nightmare.

I've had this nightmare twice in the last couple months.

What is it about?

Getting my house broken into?

Getting kidnapped? (woman-napped? is that the correct term for a female over 18?)

Never graduating?

Nope. None of the above.

The thought going through my little mind that was fast asleep in my princess bed?

"I'm a grown up!"

The whirlwind of thoughts that followed were something like this....

"Someone trusted my enough to live on my own and not die!"

"Where's my Momma and Daddy? Why don't they cook me dinner and wash my clothes anymore?"

"Do I really pay my bills on time every month without ANYONE telling me to?"

"I've been driving for almost 8 years now.. really."

Seriously, this is not the first time I've had this dream/nightmare. I had it one night a few months back and I woke up the same way gasping for air and called my Momma right away.

She exclaimed, "Umm, you've been doing it for 5 years now."

Funny how it has just hit me.

So.... while out shopping today I came across a book that caught my eye. The 10 Women You'll Be Before You're 35.

Perfect.

Because I need to know that I'm normal and that waking up gasping for air over growing up is normal.

I've started the book and will have to get back to you on how the reading goes. Hopefully it's full of lots of insight.

No comments: