Monday, May 24, 2010

You May Say I'm A Dreamer...

And you'd be right.

Sometimes I spent too much time daydreaming about the future and I have to snap myself back to reality.

So what have I been dreaming about lately?

My future career.

Nope. Not the one that I'm currently going to school to do.

In fact, I see a degree as my back up plan.

Ever since I watched It's Complicated and saw this cute bakery in the movie my dream has been on my mind day in and day out.


So what's this BIG dream that makes me get butterflies in my tummy? (Besides the obvious dreams of my future family and a craft room the size of Texas)

I desperately want my own store/shop.

I haven't figured out a good one-word name for this store yet.

But I do want it to be full of everything my little hands can create.

In my unrealistic mind, my store is simple, clean, chic with a little country edge. (Perhaps I will use the Martha Stewart Show interior designer to help with the details.)

The store will kind of be like your momma's goolash, a little of this and a little of that.

I want my fresh garden grown veggies, fruits and herbs.

My freshly baked breads, cookies, cakes, granola bars and other sweets. All adorably packaged with sweet little labels that say something along the lines of, "Sweet Enough to Eat." or perhaps "Feed Your Kneed."

I will also sell jams, preserves, and pickled goods. (By the way, this is something I will be spending the summer doing so don't be surprised if I show up to your house with some jam in hand.)

So that takes care of the food portion of my store.....

But that just wouldn't be enough.

I also want to have a section for my homemade cleaning products. (I've been using homemade natural cleaning products for over two years now and love how effective, easy and healthy it is.)
Maybe my line of products can be called something like, "Healthy Home" or "Wholesome Home" maybe even "Tidy With Tori"m ;)

I know.

I'm crazy.

Who puts so much thought into such things?

But wait!

There's more!

Everyone knows about my sewing excursions that I've been working hard to perfect and you know I have to put them to good use.

I will make aprons, napkins and other small sewing projects including my very own reusable grocery/shopping bags.

A few other things I'd probably throw in my chic general store would be soy candles, handmade jewelry, a line of children's clothes complete with bows, homemade all natural face products.... this list really could go on and on forever.

Would you like to know the BEST part about my store?

All of it would be homemade with lots of love :) And everything I'd sell would be recycled and reusable.

I literally get flutters thinking about everything I just typed!

So the above is a lot for one little person to do.

And I've decided there are a few things I'm in need of if this dream is ever going to be able to come true.

1. I need a backer or is investor a better word? Backer kinda sounds like I'm dealing drugs....lol
2. I need to graduate and I guess make a little money in order to make this dream come true. Although, I wish I could skip the middle area.

3. Help. I will need lots of help. (I'm not good at asking for help or even allowing help for that matter. I blame it on the only child syndrome. I was doomed to be independent from the start)

So, if you'd like to throw away your current career and join together with me to make my dreams come true I promise you wouldn't regret it.

Give it some thought.

Do you really love your job?

Or would you rather sit around eating homemade bread dipped into fresh fig preserves while in the garden picking tomatoes? I promise I'd provide a big floppy straw hat, cute gloves and an apron.

Maybe I live in a fantasy world that things will work out just that perfectly.

But it's my dream.

And dreams.... they're meant to be made into realities.

Perhaps I won't have this dream fulfilled next year or even in the next ten years, but nothing would make me happier than to be my very own version of Martha Stewart just less famous and more edgy. ;)

No comments: