Monday, October 15, 2007

My Eyes Are Open.


It's funny how things happen in your life that make you stop and think. I
mean, what if you never had these moments? Would you even grasp life as
clearly?

Recently, I have been having a lot of trouble understanding why people
don't see things my way. And I say that in the least self-absorbed way that I
can. It isn't because I want them to be like me. In fact, I don't want anyone to
be just like me. I just have a hard time understanding other people's points of
view sometimes. How do you listen to someone talk about something and not agree
with anything that they said? And how do you respond?

I have always known that people haven't been raised the way I have been. I
have always known that my way of looking at things isn't everyone else's. But, I
have never truly grasped it. Never like I do now.

I have to feel so blessed that He is teaching me this now, this is when I
need it the most. I am going to be teaching children sooner than I think. I am
going to be a part of around 20 children's lives each year. And because they are
part of my life, that means their parents will be part of my life. And parents,
they don't raise their children alike. Each child has been brought up in a way
different perhaps, than the way I would want to raise my children.

I have to learn to try to understand these parents points of view. But,
what if they are wrong? How do you correct them? Do you correct them at all? I
have to think that you try.

I feel like this is something that is just going to take experience. It's
going to take time with me dealing with parents and their children. But, as for
now, I have decided I should practice this tactic. I should practice looking at
things from ALL perspectives. So that's what I am going to try to do. I'm going
to try to be as open minded as I can possibly be. I didn't say I'd agree with
anything that I see. But I will be working my hardest to become aware, aware of
others.

This sounds pretty easy huh? It's not. We are human, we are set in our
ways. I think by nature you just believe you are right and everyone else is
wrong. But who really says that someone HAS to be wrong? And who says that there
can only be ONE right? I think those are a few questions to ask when you are
debating your next argument with someone or perhaps judging someone or their
philosophy

No comments: