Monday, October 15, 2007

U-N-T Eagles! Fight! Fight! Fight!


So I have been a North Texas Mean Grean Eagle since August and had yet to
do anything that showed school spirit in any way, shape, form, or fashion. It
wasn't that I didn't want to. I love getting involved! I just had been busy with
other things.

This weekend was family weekend and it was a blast! My mom came in to visit
me, my dad couldn't because his truck was getting worked on. But it was ok, I
enjoyed my mother/daughter time. On Friday night they had the Pep Rally at Clark
Park, I had a lot of fun. I mean who wouldn't have fun? There was free good, a
live band (Space Monkey), free t-shirts, free glowsticks (that's the thing on my
head making me look like a little angel eagle! lol), and of course none other
than Scrappy the Eagle himself was there! How can you turn down a shindig like
that?




On Saturday, we made it to Fouts Field around 2ish and had fun hitting up
all the stops around the field. There was face painting, giveaways, the 11th
annual chilli cook-off and the Beerman himself was there tailgating with
everyone. If you are from Denton, you know about the Beerman. :)

To top it off, the Mean Green won on Saturday!!! I was so excited to be at
my first UNT sporting event! I can't wait for the next one I can be
apart of. It just made me want to become more involved in this wonderful school!
I really am loving every minute that I am here! Go Eagles!

No comments: