Sunday, May 4, 2008

Playing Ketchup!






So of course lots and lots has happened in the last umm... four months of my life that has been undocumented.

Where to begin?

Well, I'm going to do a quick ketchup and then get back to writing posts that I'm itchin' to get out of me.

So...... I love my job still! I've grown so attached to my kids! Each day I'm with them I become more and more eager to make teaching my real profession (I'm also eager to make a little more money at what I'm doing lol). I've said this before but it's such a rewarding profession to be in. I'm currently around kids from 1 year of age to 5 years old, it just depends on the day and what classroom I'm put in. It's so wonderful to see all the changes children go through in just those 4 short years.

I've seen first steps, I've heard first words, I've been there when the first pair of shoe laces was tied successfully, I've heard the ABC's re-sited saying L-M-N-O-P instead of "elmentopede", which I heard quite often at the start of the kids school year! lol I've seen the making of friendships and the acts of kindness that come out of these children each day as they learn something new. Their little souls are so gentle, so kind and so eager to please... please you, please me, please themselves and each one is so utterly unaware of the awful things that happen in the world each day. They are my breath of fresh air in a world that is all to easy to suffocate in.

Yep, I love my job, I love my kids and I love that this is going to be my life forever. I feel all too lucky to be able to have picked this profession. I truly am grateful.

So that's what is going on in my job :) The rest of my life is normally quite the mess. Which I've decided it should be. I'm 22. I'm young. I'm clueless. But let me say I become less and less clueless each day that I live. I become more aware of what I want, who I am, who I will be, and what I stand for each day I awake. And that.... is all you can ask for, another day to learn, to live, to love, to mess up, make mistakes, and then make them right. So, that is what I have been doing the fast few months, living.

No comments: