Thursday, September 3, 2009

Throwback Thursday

First semester, freshman year with Lacee Lou :)


The new semester has started.

And I have to admit I'm stuck somewhere in the middle of wanting to get out and enjoying where I'm at.

It's no secret that it's taken me a little longer to get through my schooling.

I've had some up's and down's and I'm thankful that I've had wonderful parents that stuck through them with me and still support everything I do.

I do know that it's time to move on and that's what I'm working hard to do.

But since it's the first of the semester I find myself remembering the beginning.

The first year, the first semester the first time away from home.

It became more and more clear to me when my younger cousin (who is a new freshman on campus) came over for dinner last week.

She was so excited about dorm life and her new roommate.

Things I remember being excited about, minus dorm life. I got lucky enough not to have to live in a dorm.

But mostly it reminded me of how young I was and how much happens and changes you in your short lived college years (or in my case long lived college years.;)

At 18, I new it all. I needed to get out of the house and away from parents. I needed to be on my own and making my own decisions. Decisions that I was positive were easy to make.

Now at 23, I realize that some of the choices I made were not the right ones. And some of them were just part of growing up.

I do remember my freshman year being more fun than I imagined college life would be.

It was one of the most carefree times in my life when freedom took over and self control didn't much exist.

You live....you learn.

The one thing that I wish I could tell my cousin and have her truly believe is that this person you are now, she won't exist in 5 years.

It's something you learn on your own though.

You become more aware of your choices.

More aware of who you are and who you one day hope to be and you act on it.

More aware of others and not so much yourself.

More aware of family and how much they are the center of it all.

It's so amazing how much you change in such a short span of time.

It makes me excited to see where the next 5 years take me and what my thoughts will be on my life now. :)

Happy Thursday!

No comments: