Wednesday, September 30, 2009

What Can YOU Do Wednesday?

"Be content with what you have, rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you." -Lao Tzu

"We don't need to increase our goods nearly as much as we need to scale down our wants. Not wanting something is as good as possessing it." -Donald Horban

Above are a few quotes that I found today that I really enjoyed.

I saw much truth in them.

We continue to want more.

But what do we really need?

How many things are in your home that are there for the simple fact that you wanted them?

More than I can count are lingering in the closets and cabinets of my home.

These things are just sitting there wishing they were with someone who would actually use them instead of just gawking at them.

I'm tired of being this person who wants.

I'm tired of being this person who sees my wants more than I see others needs.

It must be changed.

I'm going to spend the next couple of weeks taking apart each room in my home and giving away many of my wants.

I'm not doing this to make myself feel better.

I'm doing this to help someone else.

Who NEEDS 20 jackets? 40 pairs of shoes?

So I encourage you to downsize to take a few of the things that you want and give them to someone in need.

I will try and post as I get rid of things so you can help me give these things away if you know someone in need of them :)

Happy "keep chuggin' along, you're halfway through" day!!!!!

2 comments:

KatieOH said...

I have the first quote hung up in my cubicle!

DASH Photography said...

Tori! you've been tagged on my blog.. check it out! Have a good weekend!