Some sweet little lady named Erin gave me my first official blog award yesterday. Yeh, they don't call her sweet for nothing. ;)
What kinda award?
The "Beautiful Blogger Award"
So it's a pretty special day around Victoria-ville.
Not only did I receive such a sweet little award from one of my most loved friends, it is also my 100th post today!
Actually maybe it's not.
I started this blog back in September of 2007 and I obviously am not a frequent blogger since I'm just making it to my 100th post.
But that's with good reason. I only tend to blog about things that really sit on my mind. Sometimes they're something ridiculous and sometimes they're something that has helped me learn more about myself and others around me.
Either way, I've loved being a part of my small blogging community over the last 2 1/2 years.
Back to my "Beautiful Blogger Award".....as with anything is comes with stipulations ;)
I've been told to tell you seven things about me and then pass the award along to seven other beautiful ladies, so I'll do as it says...
I can't promise these seven things will be interesting.
1) I too have very vivid dreams like Erin. I always have. I swear that if you woke me up every hour during my sleep I could tell you about something absolutely out of this world that I was dreaming about. Such as, saving the world in George Jetson's space car with the guy that sings 'Funky Cold Medina' ... I forget his name. Yeh, my dreams rarely make much sense. But I'm highly convinced that they are the reason why I require lots of sleep. I really think that some nights my dreams honestly just wear me out.
2) I count the steps up to my apartment everyday. Why? I have no clue. I just know that there are 19 steps on your way to the 2nd floor and 20 on your way to the 3rd floor. I wonder how much it would mess up my daily routine if someone decided to add an extra step. Or better yet, I wish they would. I'd be much happier if there were 20 steps on both sets, I really like even numbers.
3) I love milk. And not that skim milk crap. It's such a wanna be. I love WHOLE ORGANIC MILK! (I haven't drank non-organic milk in years with good reason, but that's a whole post in and of itself.) I would probably drink milk with every meal if I could but it's pretty fattening so I limit myself to one big glass at night. Yep, I drink my big glass of milk....get sleepy... and rest like a champ. That makes me sound a little bit like a newborn.. Hmm..
4) There's a silly game I've been playing since before I could drive. I think it probably started as something to pass the time in the car.....and at least a decade later I still play it. It's nothing special but here goes... I'll be driving along and I look at the cars in the oncoming traffic that are farthest away and try to figure out what make and model they are before they get close enough to where I can actually tell what kind they are. The further away I can make the description the better. I'd like to say that you get points or a piece of candy or perhaps even a good ole pat on the back for playing this game but it's normally just a very ecstatic, "YES!" that I shout in my head as I see the correctly named vehicle speed on by. Yes....that's the lamest game ever but habits are hard to break. lol
5) I don't like to sleep with my feet out of the covers at night. I have a fear that somethings going to jump up and bite them. (I probably got that theory from one of those crazy dreams that I have where I save the world with sub par '80's rappers.)
6) I once sat in the front yard of our townhouse in College Station with my roommate/bestie Mitzi in our dollar store purchased super small kiddie whale pool. We watched as people drove by and looked at us like we were nuts while the whale squirted us with water from his blow hole. That may have been the best $10 we ever spent.
7) I tend to be clumsy and bang myself into all sorts of things like kitchen counters, tables and chairs. EVERYTIME I do this (about once a week) I tell myself repeatedly in my head, "Remember this! You WILL get a bruise and this is what it's from!" I repeat this statement a few times and then go about my day. When the bruise appears....I NEVER remember how I got it. How frustrating. And such a waste of energy to even tell myself to remember something I know I'm gonna forget.
So, those are the seven things about me. I'm not sure if they're seven interesting things about me, but they are indeed true and that's about all that matters I guess.
Thank you Erin for sending me this sweet award. (Don't forget to check out Erin's blog, she's awfully entertaining.)
Now I must pass it on.
Don't forget to check out these 'beautiful bloggers'.
These ladies are gorgeous through and through.
Heather, since ITB!
The Lovely Katie
My Lovely Jenanabelle
Back to this being my 100th post....
In honor of this little blogging milestone I will be posting flashback posts this week.
They will be some of my favorite posts. Some of which are funny. Some of which were enlightening. All a part of me.
Thanks for coming around to my little corner of the world and taking an interest in my little life.