Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Flippin' Flashback #1

I thought I'd start this flashback week with a post that I came across that was written almost two years ago.

I'm posting it to help remind me that simple really is the best way to go.

Almost two years later I still want all these 'simple' things :)




Simplicity : the state of being simple, uncomplicated, and uncompounded

Aww...yes... that sounds just lovely doesn't it? Uncomplicated. I love that thought, that "theory". But it's so absolutely and positively hard to do in our world today.

So I've decided, I want simple. I'm striving for simple in my life. Not exactly what you hear people today striving to get outta life is it?

Let me tell ya what kinda simple I want.

I want the simple love. The one where I love you and you love me and no one could ever get in the way of that.

I want the simple house. The small quaint old house that makes it absolutely impossible to escape family by wandering off to the entire other side of the house. I just simply want to make a house a home.

I want the simple car. I don't need to spend my entire years salary on a something that quite frankly just gets me from point A to point B.

I want simple leisure time. Gardens, picnics, family, friends, kites and swings... yep those are the things that can "simply" put a smile on your face. :)

Life, it isn't simple. It's absolutely complicated. So I'm going to simplify what I can control. I'm going to enjoy the simple things life offers me each day. You know, those things that get taken for granted by the complicated job, the complicated boy, the complicated decisions that stare you straight in the face and need an answer right away.

So step back every now and then. And enjoy the simplicity that life has to offer.

No comments: